Homemakers are non-medical persons who perform various household tasks for the individual in their home.
- Light housekeeping such as dusting, vacuuming, making beds and changing linens.
- Laundry consisting of washing, drying and folding clothes.
- Grocery shopping from lists prepared by the individual or by accompanying the individual.
- Meal preparation which includes planning meals, cooking, dish washing and clean-up.
- Reading newspapers, books and magazines to the individual.
- Transporting and accompanying the individual to various medical or recreational appointments.
- Report any changes in an individual’s condition to a designated family member.
- Remind the individual to take their medications.