A Personal Care Assistant is an individual who helps with basic daily routines for individuals who have a chronic illness or injury.
- Assist in bathing, grooming and dressing.
- Assist with transferring, walking or use of durable medical equipment.
- Perform meal preparation and clean-up, including assistance with eating as necessary.
- Perform range of motion exercises.
- Assist with household services which include dusting, vacuuming and laundry.
- Assist in grocery shopping by accompanying the individual or via lists prepared by the individual.
- Transporting and accompanying the individual to doctor, dentist and other appointments.
- Assistance with medication prescribed by an MD that would normally be self-administered.